1. Show her it’s a man’s world by having your subservient wife crouch and serve you breakfast in bed while you relax in your business casual attire. What is particularly hilarious is that I think this is an advertisement for snazzy neckties.
2. A pear is no shape for a girl and the easy reshape fix is Warner’s Concentrate girdle and the Little Fibber bra. It’s called the “Body-Do” (trademarked).
3. Good things, particularly a pair of twin babies, are twice as good in Cellophane!
I suppose this was before the surgeon general required “will suffocate small children” warning labels. Gotta love the baby blue bow-tie and matching outfits, nice touch, Du Pont.
4. Turns out you gals are useful after all! Now this is a great leap forward for the women’s movement and the self-esteem of women everywhere. Note the message sponsor in the bottom left, most likely added much later.
5. I actually remember these candy cigarettes. Now you can be just like dad! I wish real cigarettes had refreshing orange flavor as well.
6. The Kenwood Chef does everything but cook – that’s what wives are for! Housewife in chef hat not included.
7. Please don’t gag as you view this Chiquita banana advertisement. Children do love bananas.
8. Sooner or later, your wife will drive home and that’s one of the best reasons for owning a Volkswagen. Let’s admit it, women are soft and gentle, but they hit things.
9. A ketchup bottle so easy to open that a woman can open it. Her wide open mouth expression looks like she’s hungry for a Chiquita banana as well.
See more at11 More Politically Incorrect Vintage Ads